Carpet Dry Cleaning vs Steam Cleaning – Which Method Is Best?
Carpets are beautiful additions to your home that have become a basic necessity in life. Both offer effective results, but putting the two against each other helps us figure out the most suitable method. In this blog, we are going to make a quick comparison of the steaming and dry carpet cleaning method to conclude which method is the best. There are two methods for keeping your carpets clean: Carpet dry cleaning vs steam cleaning. Dry carpet cleaners dissolve dirt off the surface of your carpet with a chemical-based solution, whilst steam cleaners push hot water into the fibres to dislodge dirt particles. Is dry carpet cleaning better than steam cleaning? Some people choose dry cleaning because it is more affordable than steam cleaning, yet there is a difference between dry cleaning and steam cleaning carpet. There are numerous advantages to using a steam cleaner, including improved sanitation and stain removal rates.
Unravel Aspects Regarding Dry vs. Steam Carpet Cleaning – Which Method is Best?
If you own a carpet, you understand how important it is to get it cleaned. Your carpet serves as an entrance to the rest of your home. You don’t want a soiled carpet to define the rest of your house. As a result, carpet cleaning solutions are critical. In this blog, we will compare and contrast carpet dry cleaning vs steam cleaning.
Dry Carpet Cleaning
There are different ways to dry clean your carpet, but some of them have moisture leaves. The main difference between steam and dry cleaning is the small amount of water used to remove dry chemicals. Some famous and widely accepted methods of dry cleaning are:
- Bonnet pads: The bonnet pads are completely reusable and highly affordable. You can run your machine over the carpet, whereas the damp bonnet lifts and quickly absorbs the dirt and residue of shampoo.
- Dry foam: Users can apply shampoo to the carpet before letting it dry. Once you are done cleaning the carpet with shampoo, then forward. As a result, it cleans carpet fibres and cleans the vacuum residue left behind. The standard vacuum will offer admired results, and it is a common method of selection.
- Dry compounds: Here’s a biodegradable compound that is spread over the carpet and left to absorb dirt. The users are allowed to use the standard vacuum cleaner to clean this compound and dirt that is collected from the floor.
- Oscillating pads: It is a method where users are required to spray the balanced pH solution on the carpet. After that, leave it until it dries. This is because it reacts with the carpet fibres, agitates with them, and loses dirt. Therefore, you need to use the oscillating machine to deep clean the carpet without any professional assistance.
Pros of dry carpet cleaning:
- Provide admired results without causing any damage to natural fibre.
- Less drying time than the steam cleaning method.
Fresh as new carpets.
Cons of dry carpet cleaning:
- It is more expensive than the alternatives.
- Incapable of removing stains
- Visible detergent residue on the carpet.
Steam Carpet Cleaning
There’s a myth that the steam carpet cleaning method is entirely chemical-free. But it is wrong; the steam is a by-product of the warm water penetrating the carpet. If you think how does carpet steam cleaning work? This procedure is quite simple for cleaning your carpet. To begin, hoover removes any dry soils that will turn into mud throughout the cleaning process. You can then begin steam carpet cleaning. This method includes pumping hot water at high pressure into the material of your carpet and then removing the water. Before beginning the procedure, the most effective steam cleaners routinely pre-treat every stain on the carpet and utilize pre-spray to break down surface tension in the carpet.
- Truck mount: A chemical carpet cleaner is considered an addition to pressurized hot water. After that, it is applied to the carpet with a machine. It is similar to the vacuum; the machine also sucks extra moisture and chemicals while working. It is considered for deep cleaning of carpet fibres once after 12-18 months.
- Portable extraction: It is a procedure that is quite similar to truck mount but has certain differences. It is intended for border surface area and is a heavy-duty solution for carpet cleaning.
Pros of steam cleaning:
- Provides astonishing results regarding stain removal.
- The carpet dries faster (within 3 to 6 hours).
- Provides a refreshing and deeply clean carpet.
Cons of steam cleaning:
- Not recommended for natural fibre carpets.
- Chemical detergents are used.
- The steam cleaning process creates noise (up to 80 decibels).
- Dry carpet cleaning features
The dry carpet cleaning process offers faster results along with a bulk more features, and that is:
- Affordable: Feel free to buy carpet shampoos and compounds as they are highly affordable. They can last long and eliminate the chances of considering professional help to clean a carpet.
- Quick: The dry-cleaning process offers faster drying results than alternatives. By considering such a process, your carpet is ready to rock within an hour or two.
- Effective results: Dry carpet cleaning is more effective when it comes to the stain removal process.
Steam carpet cleaning features
Steam carpet cleaning offers remarkable advantages due to its greatest strengths and which are:
- Outstanding results: with the steam carpet cleaning method, you can get a deep cleaning and more effective results than dry cleaning.
- Fewer efforts: it requires fewer efforts as special machinery is needed to perform such tasks. With this, the carpet will be cleaned efficiently, and you don’t need to hustle a lot to obtain the expected results.
- Expensive: The steam carpet cleaning method is expensive but worth it. The cleaning process costs depend on the size and cleaning team hired.
Probably by now, you’ve got to know Dry vs. Steam Carpet Cleaning – Which Method is Best? The fact that the usage of chemicals in steam vs dry cleaning carpet. Regardless of the distinctions, both methods of carpet cleaning are practical and helpful in their own right. If you want to save money while getting fresh and deeply cleaned carpets, go for a dry-cleaning method. But if you want effective results with complete carpet stain removal, steam carpet cleaning is perfect for you. For more information, connect to a local carpet cleaning provider near you!